Waxworks candles are designed to create a mosquito repellent barrier around your entertaining area, while providing ambient lighting and adding a stylish splash of colour to your garden décor.
Candles are safe products when used correctly. Here are a few tips to assist with storage and maintenance of your citronella candles:
- We recommend for OUTDOOR use only
- Keep out of reach of children and pets
- Please read the instructions on the packaging
- Remove packaging before burning
- To reduce excessive flame, trim wick after 2 – 3hrs burning. Extinguish first, allow to cool, then trim wick to approx. 6mm, re-light
- Ensure the wax pool is free from any debris or foreign matter
- For optimal performance, keep lit candles away from draughts
- Discontinue use when wax reaches 1cm from the base
- Extinguish candle by blowing gently (remain a safe distance), do not use liquids
- Before and after use, store in a cool, dry place
- Store in a dry container or original packaging, on non-porous surfaces only
Tips for REmoving Wax
It’s quite simple to clean up any wax spills. Usually it can be removed by either re-melting or cooling the wax, then chipping or wiping away.
- If wax drips, allow to cool and harden, then lift gently away from surface.
- Try scraping off cooled wax with the edge of an old credit card or anything with a plastic edge.
- Do not use a knife, as it could cause further damage.
- Once wax is removed, clean the item to remove any residue.
- For a hard, heat resistant surface, re-heat and melt the wax with a hair dryer, then it can be wiped away with paper towel (be careful not to scorch the surface).
- For fabrics, remove the residue with an all-purpose cleaner & sponge.