IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Waxwork candles are entirely safe products when used correctly.
Below are some tips on citronella candle safety to prevent any mishaps:
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- For OUTDOOR use only.
- Not for consumption.
- Remove all packaging before burning.
- To avoid damage, place and burn candles on a heat resistant and level surface.
- Do not burn on or near any material or surface which is flammable, heat sensitive or is a porous surface, otherwise the flame or hot wax may cause damage.
Do not burn near or under electrical appliances or flammable objects.
- Do not move or pick-up hot candles whilst burning.
- Discontinue use when wax reaches 1cm from the base.
- Never leave burning items unattended or unsupervised at any time.
If using a glass jar candle, do not allow the flame to come close to or touch the glass container.
- Extinguish candle by blowing gently (remain a safe distance).
- Do not use liquids to extinguish the candle.
- To reduce excessive flame, trim wick after 2 hours of burning. Extinguish, allow to cool, then trim wick to approximately 6mm and relight.
- Store in a cool dry place and on a non-porous surface to prevent possible colour staining.
Burn times are indicative and may vary due to various external conditions. Factors which can impact all candle burn times are:
- Temperature of the environment – Warmer climates raise the wax temperature, meaning the candle will melt and burn at a faster rate.
- Oxygen levels in the air – Small, enclosed areas with a large number of guests exhaling carbon dioxide can affect the flame and burn times.
- Air movement and draughts – Wind and draughts will cause the flame to burn larger and quicker.
- Wick length – Longer wicks burn more rapidly which causes the candle to burn faster.
Garden Torches and Oil Burners
- Always refer to the usage instructions (packaging) to make the most of your Waxworks product.
- When in use, use with extreme care and at your own risk.
- Always keep Torches & Oil out of reach of children & pets.
For OUTDOOR use only. As with any natural flame products, there is an inherent risk. Never leave a lit torch unattended.
- Always ensure torch pole is secured safely in ground or in a stand. Torch must remain upright when in use.
- Before lighting, allow wick to become saturated with oil (the oil will draw up the wick & become wet). Do not set wick higher than 1.5cm above the top of the flame guard.
- Ensure that no oil has spilt onto the torch itself whilst filing the canister as there is a risk that the torch may catch fire.
- Carefully fill torch with oil, approx. ½ full. DO NOT FILL TO TOP, otherwise oil will heat up during use & spill out over the torch (may catch fire).
- To prevent burn injuries, snuff flame & allow to cool for at least 30 mins or more before handling.
- Do not blowout, use a snuffer.
- NEVER use petrol or gasoline, for use with Waxworks oils only.
- Do not place Torches near combustibles such as wood structures, fuel, clothing, dry vegetation.
- Always burn in a well-ventilated area. Do not use in under cover areas such as patio awnings, carports, or umbrellas.
- For best results, store cooled torches away from exposed weather conditions when not in use.
- As a guide only – 150ml of Waxworks citronella oil will burn for approx. 6 hours, under mild conditions.
The most common concerns with Torches:
- Do not overfill oil, follow the usage instructions. Fill oil canisters approx. ½ way (especially on hot days or in hot climates) to ¾ full on regular days. During hot temperatures, the oil in the canister will draw up the wick & spill out, this is called “capillary action”.
- Always pour oil slowly into the torch.
- Always wipe the outer surface of the garden torch after filling the canister with oil and prior to lighting. In case of any oil spillage on the outer surface.
Water in the Torch Canister:
- After the torch has cooled, always place the snuffer cap over the wick to protect it.
- If water enters the canister & the oil becomes contaminated with water, do not use. Replace the wick & oil.
REPLACING THE TORCH WICK:
- As a safety precaution, the wick & wick holder are a tight, snug fit.
- To assist with fitting the new wick into the wick holder, wrap the end of the wick tightly with sticky tape. Slowly feed the wick until the end appears approx. 2 cm out from the holder. Check that it is secure. Gently remove the sticky tape from the wick end.
INCENSE STICKS / COILS
- Do not move or pick up burning or hot coils or incense sticks. Do not touch burning end.
- Keep out of reach of children or pets.
- Do not use indoors.
- Keep the burning sticks / coils away from flammable materials and draughts or any other objects that it come into contact with.
- Do not put near furniture or synthetic fibres that could burn or scorch.
- Ensure the stick or coil is completely extinguished and that no embers remain.
- Do not use water to extinguish.
- Do not swallow, if ingested seek medical advice.
- Burn time is approximate and may vary depending on environmental considerations.